Wellness is an aspiration for all of us. Good health and fitness are certainly components of this state of well-being.
However, few people know what it really means to be healthy, or to be in good shape. They are also unaware of the habits that need to be adopted and practiced on a regular basis to achieve the ultimate goal of wellness.
If this is your case, read this article. You will know everything you need to know.
Health: what it is, and how to improve it
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), good health is: ''a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity''. Therefore, it is essential to maintain and even improve your health in order to be considered as good. Here are some tips to help you achieve this:
- Pay attention to your diet;
- Do sports regularly;
- Do physical activities such as gardening, cleaning, walking, etc;
- Drink a lot of water;
- Get enough sleep and sleep well;
- Take time to rest and relax;
- Avoid staying at home all the time. Get out and meet people;
- Have a positive attitude;
- Don't smoke;
- Switch to tea instead of coffee;
- Avoid sitting all the time while you work. Get up, walk around or, if possible, work standing up.
These are some of the habits you can adopt to maintain and improve your health. There are probably others, but you can start with these. So what about being fit?
09 recommendations for staying in shape
Being in good shape is surely one of the things most of us aspire to, if not all of us. To get and keep it, you can follow these tips:
- Make sure you get quality sleep;
- Drink plenty of water;
- Eat five fruits and vegetables a day;
- Learn and practice eye yoga;
- Maintain your home;
- Rest and relax;
- get some fresh air, and to clear your mind;
- enjoy life by giving yourself moments of pleasure.
All in all, through this article, health and fitness seem to go hand in hand. So, if you want to be fit, you need to be healthy, and vice versa. So, all that remains is to merge these two lists in order to come up with one to follow and respect on a daily basis.